Wednesday 25 October 2017

Creating and Exhibiting

There is something very vulnerable in creating a work to exhibit.
Existing within a  painting, are years of working on a skill, the presence of our creative  influences , and the artists own voice and direction. Creating marks of an inquiring mind in an effort to find the essence of a subject. For me those moments, when I can cast away insecurities and distractions, and can stand clear minded at my easel, I feel a direct communication with my subject, through the decisions I make on canvas . The finished piece is a visual diary, of the feelings I want to express, whether standing in nature, with the wind on my back, in awe of the beauty of the changing seasons, or searching to capture the light in a persons eyes,  the expression of their character translated through my hand. There is a vulnerability in a work. It stands with no obstacle to the viewer, as the artist stood to create it. A direct line of  communication from the  artist to the viewer, through the image ,and the feelings  expressed within  it.

1 comment: